In this episode, I’ll talk about
- Drop-In Hockey Warning!
- What I’ve noticed About the Over 50 Hockey Player
- What is different in the Locker Room?
- Doctor appointment updates
Before I talk about today’s topics, I want to mention something I forgot to tell you in the last episode where I talked about Hockey Practice And Games. Located at agelesshockey.com/5
WARNING: Drop in hockey scam.
Drop In Hockey: Friday 9-8-17 was the first time playing a game since my concussion on May 3.
What I’ve noticed About the Over 50 Hockey Player
- If a player still has hair, it’s probably pretty gray.
- Parking Lot: Some guy’s can hardly walk.
- The only 6 packs we can show off now are beer.
- Strength and Endurance aren’t what it used to be.
- A lot of stretching at home and on the ice.
- Recovery time is much longer.
- Players may not be able to play defense anymore.
- Memory isn’t great anymore. Another teammate fell on the ice…
- Sportsmanship is #1
- Goalies: The cost to upgrade gear for is big! Prices of goalie gear.
- We play hockey because we love the game.
- Socializing has always been important. But now we do it while…
- Family and Friends ask me why I don’t relax and just play golf.
- Refs are more lenient on some calls.
- Injuries are more likey to happen at our age.
- Two broken femurs in the fall league.
- Knee/hip replacements are more common.
- Hearing loss is a reality.
- Pulled muscles getting equipment bag in and out of car.
One of my drop in hockey teammate got new skates in August. This may not sound like a big deal, but…
Yes, we have a lot of mileage on our bodies, but we’re not ready for the rocking chair yet.
What is different in the Locker Room?
- Smells like Ben Gay
- Braces on wrist’s, knee’s
- Ace bandages on legs
- Exhausted by the time we get our equipment on.
- Conversations are still funny.
- After a guy heard about my Vertigo, he said “What’s the big deal, everyone gets dizzy at our age.
In my most recent drop in game, I ran into an opposing defenseman trying to get the puck from him. I got too aggressive because…
Charles Schulz, of Peanuts comic strip and cartoon fame, played hockey well into his seventies.
Sep 11 = My Blood Pressure was the highest it has ever been, for a reason.
Sep 25 = Getting an ultrasound (Carotid and Echo).
Sep 18 = Results of my Hearing and VNG test.
I hope you enjoyed this episode.
Please share my podcast with friends and other players.
Show Notes for this episode are located at AgelessHockey.com/6
You can also leave a comment at this location
My email is Jim@AgelessHockey.com
Please visit AgelessHockey.com for more information
Thanks for listening!
Have fun playing the greatest game on earth!